What is the IMC?
- IMC stands for Instructional Media Center.
- GMS IMC Goals:
1. To provide GMS with access to resources that meet state standards, support current education initiatives and respond to the
curricular and professional development needs of general and special education teachers and school staff.
2. To support the curriculum of Greenwood Middle School through collection development, which includes selection and
purchasing of new items and deselection of dated materials.
3. To collaborate with teachers in teaching necessary library and research skills.
4. To instill in students a desire to be life-long readers.
5. To encourage students to become independent researchers
6. To use and value the computer technologies that are available
7. To provide a wide variety of books that is both age and developmentally appropriate according to information provided by the
publisher and librarian recommendation.
8. To allow students and staff to have a voice in material selection by providing information and reasoning behind material selection.
9. To link students and staff to great books that can be used and enjoyed both in and out of the classroom. A love and
understanding of reading is a must for any successful student!